Dynamic Hint Issues

Jump to solution
12-20-2021 07:54 AM
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to confirm that I am not doing something wrong and have found a bug with dynamic hint values.  I have created a very basic survey with different combinations of hard coded and dynamic label and hints, as well as hard coded guidance_hints.  I have hit 2 issues:

1)  Annoying - If I have a dynamic hint ,the light bulb for a guidance hint always shows up and has the same value as the hint.  (example 4 and 5 below)

2) Broken - If I have a dynamic hint and a hard coded guidance_hint, the dynamic hint will not display, but the correct guidance_hint is linked to the light bulb. (example 6 below)

LarryWiebe_0-1640015025123.png

This is using Survey123 Connect 3.13.251 on a Windows 10 64-bit install.

Thanks,

Larry

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Larry,

Thanks for reporting these two issues. Both of them had been submitted internally in our backlogs. We will address those issues when the priority increases in our future release.

If you would like to track the issue fix, please contact our Support service to log a salesforce issue and we will link it to the internal issue.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Larry,

Thanks for reporting these two issues. Both of them had been submitted internally in our backlogs. We will address those issues when the priority increases in our future release.

If you would like to track the issue fix, please contact our Support service to log a salesforce issue and we will link it to the internal issue.

Thanks,

RalphPlummer
New Contributor III

Hello

I would like to inquire if the priority has been increased for this issue.  I recently have been trying to use a dynamic placeholderText=@[hint] and the lightbulb still appears as if I have a guidance_hint entered. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos