Select to view content in your preferred language

Decimal conditional constraint not working

Jump to solution
03-19-2024 06:20 AM
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a conditional constraint that is not working. The constraint is on a decimal type field and the appearance for the field is "numbers", which is like the calculator option to enter the values. The field has a default value of 2.5. I'm trying to put a constraint on the field so the value entered into the field can't be smaller than 2.5 and if it is lower than 2.5 it's supposed to show a constraint message. The constraint itself looks as follows  

. >=  2.5

Based on what I've read that should take the current value enter (.) and make sure that it's greater or equal to 2.5.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MPach
by

My eye roll emoji for my profile pic is there for a reason and it really didn't fail me this time. I really really over thought this one. 

My problem was in understanding how the constraint was supposed to work. I thought it was supposed to throw the message immediately after a number less than 2.5 was entered. Now I know that’s not the case and you need to submit the form before the message is thrown. 🙄  🤣 UGGGGHHHH! So so silly!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
22 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Occasionally it confuses . >= with html.  Just write out the full field name instead and it should to work.

${fieldname} >= 2.5

Hope that does it.

0 Kudos
MPach
by

Still doesn't appear to be working. I had tried that before too because I thought there might be a problem with the . notation. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok my other guess is the bind.  Try setting the bind::type column to decimal.  If that does not work then something else is up so post the whole form.

0 Kudos
MPach
by

I tried that and it didn't seem to help. I put in a ticket with ESRI. I'm not sure what the issue is. I suppose I could try creating a new sheet. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

What app is this in? And what versions?

A quick test in Connect shows that this appears to be working (.>=2.5)

abureaux_0-1710859029063.png

0 Kudos
MPach
by

It's in Connect version 3.18.124. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea something else is up then.  Maybe a reserved word or something.  Post the form.

0 Kudos
MPach
by

See attached for the form. Row 35

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It seems to work fine for me.  I am on 3.19 but should still work.

DougBrowning_0-1710861449989.png

0 Kudos