Data exported to excel from Survey123 contains data from a previous survey. Any ideas how to stop this from happening?

Jump to solution
12-21-2021 03:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm exporting a 'Tree Safety 2021' survey  to excel. This seems to work fine, however the site locations appearing in the excel spreadsheet (which had been selected on Survey123 via a dropdown) are not site locations that are even available to select when conducting the survey. They are locations from last years 'Tree Safety 2020' survey.

All the other data appears to be correct, however the site names that are appearing in the spreadsheet are different to those that were surveyed. Furthermore, when opening the survey to view the data in survey123.arcgis all appears fine - including site names. The data distorts when the survey is exported. I have exported to excel and as a CSV file and the same occurs.

I have no idea how or why this is happening - and why it is only happening to one data field in the survey.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Solved! If anyone else has this issue - the label and the name didn't match, hence the issue. Using 'modify schema' it is possible to rectify the issue unless the survey has already been published.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Solved! If anyone else has this issue - the label and the name didn't match, hence the issue. Using 'modify schema' it is possible to rectify the issue unless the survey has already been published.

0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

How did the label and name get out of sync?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hallo,

It was because a survey had been copied and then adapted to create a new survey. Where changes were made to the new survey (i.e., we changed the place names in a drop down question) the 'label' was changed - however the names attached to the labels were the same as in the previous survey, which we were not aware of until the survey was exported to Excel, and showed the 'names' and not the 'labels' we had created. This can be resolved by checking the names and labels match before publishing the survey via entering 'modify schema'. However, as we had already published the survey it was not possible to change the names to match the labels.