Dashboard not reading survey data in map layer

08-18-2021 09:35 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I am building a dashboard to display the survey information. I use a date selector in the dashboard to filter to the most recent survey completed. However, the dashboard is not picking up the data in the survey map layer. The first image below is a screenshot showing the data from the map layer. It shows the current date and time of the last survey completed.

Wade_Bryan_0-1629304237327.png

The second image is what the dashboard is displaying when I use the date selector to filter to the most current date survey.

Wade_Bryan_1-1629304440500.png

I am using the new map viewer and the new dashboard. I didn't have this issue previously when using the classic version of both. Has anyone else run into this issue or have any idea why it wouldn't be filtering.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How exactly is your date selector working?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

Here is the configuration for the date selector. 

Wade_Bryan_0-1629310779748.png

I have an action set for each list.

Wade_Bryan_1-1629310846662.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Interesting. Does it work on any other dates? When you adjust the date picker, it's automatically adjusting for your UTC offset. Any chance it's reading your timestamps as being on another date?

I've tested the date picker in my own dashboards, and have not seen similar problems.

Try switching the operator to something more inclusive, like "is before" or "is not", see if those will return anything.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

It does work on other dates as you can see in the image below.

Wade_Bryan_0-1629311671109.png

This is why I am so confused as to why it isn't picking up the current date

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Open up your browser's developer tools and watch the network traffic. You should be able to see what query parameters it's sending to the server when you select a date.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately that is a little above my skill level. When I open the developer tools I'm not quite sure what I am looking at

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There should be a "Network" tab in there. When you click on your filter, you should see a GET request pop up:

jcarlson_0-1629313940726.png

You can see the individual parameters for the request, notably the where parameter. In the screenshot above, it's

where: (sale_date>timestamp '2006-01-02 05:59:59' AND valid_sale=0) AND (id=16)

I can see here all the statements in my filter, then cross reference with the data table to ensure that it's doing what I think it's doing.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I think I found the issue. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos