Creating a quiz with embedded video in Survey123

09-03-2020 01:18 PM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi All!

I was recently tasked with creating a quiz in survey123 that would play a video and then ask the users some questions to test their knowledge about what the information they just heard. This quiz would also add the users overall score and provide feedback after each question was answered.

First off, it was recommended that I use the iframe embed code from Youtube to insert the video. This worked perfectly, but only for the online version of the form. Video's will not embed within the Survey123 field application. I then used the select_one feature to ask then question followed by a series of calculate fields with logic to store a score for each question, determine if the user had answered each correctly or not, and provide some feedback within a note field. However, you will notice that the user would still be able to change their selection, as the select_one feature does not currently have a method of making the users choice permanent. It was recommended that I use the once() function to solve this issue. You would create a new calculate feature and pass the once(${question}) function in the calculate column, which now stores the answer of the users first click. Although the user may still be able to change their answer, Survey123 will now only remember the users first choice.

I would like to thank James Tedrick‌ for his help with embedding the video and pointing out the once() function. Please provide any questions you have in the comments below and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you,

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DustinBaumbach1 ,

Thanks for sharing, this is great. Glad it all worked out for you in the end.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SturgeonWest
New Contributor II

Hello, can you please describe how you embedded a video into survey123? Was this in connect?

0 Kudos