Collaborate through Survey123 Website - can't load map

06-26-2020 10:34 AM
DarinaTchountcheva
Occasional Contributor II

Hello guys,

Just started with Survey123 and created a very simple survey and published it to Portal. But when I try to use the option "Open the survey in the browser directly" from the Collaborate menu on the Survey123 website, the map on my survey never loads (see NoMap.png and NoMapConsole.png attachments).

I also deployed some surveys from the EOC ArcGIS Solutions (through the solutions deployment tool in ArcGIS Pro). When I use one of these forms and open it in the browser, I get a map (see Map.png and MapConsole.png attachments). 

What am I missing? I tried designing a survey through the Survey123 Website and the desktop Connect app. Same result, no map.

Thank you for your time!

Darina

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Darina,

What version of Connect are you using to publish? And what version of the enterprise portal you published to? Did you specify any default basemap with your survey? If it's possible, could you share the sample of your XLSForm with us to look into this issue further? It would also be helpful if you could provide us the information about the browsers you used with this problematic survey. Have you tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari and did you encounter the same issue with different browsers?

0 Kudos
DarinaTchountcheva
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you, Shwu-jing Jeng!

Your question about specifying a default basemap for the survey made me research of how to do this, and after I selected a different basemap than the one currently showing in Connect, I was able to see a map in the survey page. 

I didn't realize I had to do that because I was already seeing a map in Connect. 

My Connect app is version 3.9.120, to answer your question. And the issue was observed in both Chrome and IE. 

Thank you for your help! Problem solved!

Darina

0 Kudos
KThomasson
New Contributor III

Have you found a solution to this issue?  It sounds like it might have been a version issue with Survey123?

0 Kudos