Survey123 Annotate image -Capture Map by Default

11-06-2019 04:38 AM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to default an annotate image question to the Map option? I want to have a image of the map attached to   every form i submit 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Paul.  Unfortunately it is not possible to initialize the annotate question with an interactive map, but you can initialize it with an image of your choice. 

This may work for you:

• Take a screenshot of your map.
  • Copy the image file into the media folder of your survey.
  • Reference the image file in your image question as shown below and select the appearance that makes sense to you: draw or annotate seem like good candidates.

typenamelabeldefaultappearance
imageanimal_observationsHighlight  where animal was hurtcoyote.pngdraw

More info at https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/10/09/smart-skething-in-survey123-stroke-by-st... 

PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Ismeal  i want to be able to submit a location overview at a specific scale for each survey but it looks like this can only be done manually at the moment so.  I think this may be a useful feature. I can think of a few applications myself i may log it as an idea. 

JackFanZhang
Occasional Contributor

It is possible now in the mobile app by setting the esri style to method=map. However, it doesn't work on the Web Form. Could the Survey123 dev team please make it available on web form?

0 Kudos
maps4Africa
New Contributor

Hi Jack, do you have an example workflow for this?

0 Kudos