Can you use pulldata() to grab data from multiple rows from CSV?

10-02-2019 12:53 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am creating a survey to assess park's operations. Within each park there are multiple operation id's for assessment.

I want to use pulldata() to list out the id's in the park, not just one. I need to do this for other features in the parks, like there may be multiple playground units in one park and I want to display all of their id's/info as well.

Here is an example of my csv looks like:

ParkIDOperationIDParkName

00025Julia's Walk Park
100000035Julia's Walk Park

Main Street Promenade

I don't have to have to concat several opid's within the pulldata() formula because not all of the parks contain multiple id's, and there isn't a set number of ops or features per park.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Caryn,

Unfortunately not, due the nature of how pulldata() works, it will return only one single value for the first value it finds in the list that matches the search criteria.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AndrewE
New Contributor III

Is this something that custom pulldata java script functions might be able to do once they are enabled?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Yes, you could use a javascript function to return multiple values as an array or list from a csv file by searching and returning all the values that match the input value.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Phil

Do you have an exmaple on how you would achieve this?  For example the extract of a table used in a pulldata function has multiple common names. If a user picks a common name that is not unique I would like to show a warning in a Note or something to show them the unique sub species or scientifc name to ensure they pick the right species.

ChrisRoberts2_0-1635474915628.png

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
PavlovaVitale
New Contributor

how would you do that?

0 Kudos