Can the navigation bar for repeats be moved?

10-24-2019 02:22 AM
ColinCampbell
Occasional Contributor

I have a feeling this isn't possible, but just in case...

Is there any way of moving the navigation bar for repeats (the one with the +, <, > and bin icon) from the bottom of the repeat section to the top?

I have a form with a repeat within a repeat and the natural flow of the user in this case is from the top of the form downwards, but instead they have to go from the bottom up and it's not as intuitive.

If it isn't possible I will maybe post it as an idea.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

Are you familiar with the ability to use the "long press" method on the header and footer of the survey when desiring to pan to the top/bottom of a repeat or group?  Refer to animation for example. This might help in navigating to the top and bottom of your nested repeats without having to scroll back up to the top each time a record is added.

In terms of altering the placement of the repeat controls from the bottom to the top, we do not have a method to accomplish this.  If you still feel it would benefit your workflow, please do raise it as an idea in ArcGIS Ideas site and/or raise it as an enhancement with Technical Support.

Cheers,

Brandon

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I did not know this and it is pretty cool. What seems weird though is you have to let go before it does anything.  You do not really have any idea how long to press before letting go (I actually thought it didnt work at first).  I would think if you long press it would just move after the set time instead of waiting until I lifted my finger.  This is usually how a long press works.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Doug Browning‌ a one second press and release should do the trick!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just tested again on iOS and Android. 

I mean you have to let go for the action to happen.  Normally a long press does the action after the set time. 

Consider copy/paste on your phone.  You long press until the copy box appears.  Then long press until the Paste word appears.  Imagine having to guess at the time and have to release your finger for the Paste to appear.  Would be weird right?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

You're right, I suppose it should be described as a "short-press"

0 Kudos
ColinCampbell
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brandon,

I didn't know about this and but it's super useful.  Sadly it doesn't solve my original issue so I've created a new idea (with a description of an example).

Be able to position the repeat navbar at the top of the repeat section 

Many thanks for all your help

Col