Calculations using Survey123 form in browser

08-03-2018 09:03 AM
TaylorRobin1
New Contributor II

When filling out a Survery123 form using a browser, my calculations from Survey123 Connect do not go through. On my mobile device and the desktop app they work. Is this know issue? Is there something I can do to get this to work on the browser?

48 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Taylor,

Not all questions and calculations are supported in the web app that were created in Connect and supported in mobile app. Can you please provide an example of a calculation that is not working?

Alternatively, can you share your xlsx file with details of which questions and calculations are not working in the web app, so we can see if it is an issue or bug with web app, or they are not supposed to be supported at this stage.

Phil.

RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Phil,

I am currently experiencing a similar issue to what Taylor outlined above. When I complete a survey through the web browser, not all of my calculations occur like they do when completing the same survey using the Survey123 app on my mobile device/computer. 

I am utilizing two external spreadsheets for my calculations and as you can see in the image below, my Risk Assessment score do NOT populate like it does on the mobile/desktop version of Survey123:

Web Version                                                                                    Mobile/Desktop

What I find interesting is that the Web Version is able to calculate some values though as you can see in the image below where the Risk Score for question 4 populates. 

Thanks,

Steven

James Tedrick‌, Philip Wilson

#webapp survey123#survey123web#survey123calculations‌ #survey123 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Can you share the XLS file?  Given the NaN value for a score, one thing to check would be that value types are explicitly set in calculations, using the number() function.

RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

James, 

Is it ok if I email it to you? I will send you my main XLS file, plus the two external ones. 

Steven

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, e-mail is fine - jtedrick AT Esri.com

0 Kudos
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

I have the same problem, I am using Note fields to display an average of values. As String fields they show 'NaN' as Decimal fields they show blank:

Have attached my xlsx

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi James,

I'm not seeing the errors you are describing. Just to check, what version of Survey123 was this form published with? 

0 Kudos
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

GDay Mate, I published this in connect v3.0.142. To see the problem in action, try this link https://arcg.is/5qbHW

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Loading your form, the fields are blank until all the values contributing to the equation have been filled in - this is to be expected, given the equations you have.  Are you needing the average to occur when an incomplete form entry occurs?  If so, you can use coalesce() functions to provide an alternate value when a question is unanswered

coalesce(int(${q}), 0)

0 Kudos