Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Enterprise Form Template Checklist Question

Jump to solution
03-15-2023 11:39 AM
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am working on a custom form template for our organization's Erosion Control Inspector and I'm stumped on how I can make the form somehow show a mark/symbol/bullet if it is checked in the mobile survey.  He will be using the survey in the field for his inspections, and will then come back to the office to run the reports as needed for notifying developers/contractors of their inspection results. 

I've managed to get the rest of the form set up properly and am pretty please with it, however, I am truly stumped on how to make the form populate the cells next to the violations section of the inspection form if they are selected in the field.

The first two screenshots are the Survey123 Connect survey tab and the choices tab:

hherrmann_coj_2-1678905273061.png

hherrmann_coj_3-1678905309724.png

This is the list of options for the inspector to select in the Survey123 mobile app.

hherrmann_coj_0-1678905024501.png

And this is the section of the Microsoft Word Template that I have created for this portion of the inspection that I haven't figured out.  I've included a cell next to each possible single or multiple violation that may be selected so I'm assuming that's where I would need to put whatever it is necessary to populate those cells somehow when running a report that includes one or some of them.

hherrmann_coj_1-1678905189910.png

Thank you so much in advance for any advice those of you more experienced than me, may be able to offer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

First off, if you have syntax questions I highly recommend checking out the "Quick Reference" section that's available when uploading a report template! If anything, it can be useful for copying and pasting into your template since it references exact field names from your survey.

Katherine_Clark_0-1678905827195.png

To answer your specific question, for the first cell in your table next to "a. No Approved Plan", you'd put in a conditional statement like this:

${violations | checked:"noapprovedplan"}

That will generate a checkbox in the final report output that will either be empty or checked depending on the answer to the question.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

First off, if you have syntax questions I highly recommend checking out the "Quick Reference" section that's available when uploading a report template! If anything, it can be useful for copying and pasting into your template since it references exact field names from your survey.

Katherine_Clark_0-1678905827195.png

To answer your specific question, for the first cell in your table next to "a. No Approved Plan", you'd put in a conditional statement like this:

${violations | checked:"noapprovedplan"}

That will generate a checkbox in the final report output that will either be empty or checked depending on the answer to the question.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

I must be really blind because I never saw that quick reference link.  LOL!  What you offered worked so I thank you so much for your help!

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Oh, no worries, glad I could help! 🙂

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos