Select to view content in your preferred language

Autocomplete search not pulling options for downdown list

Jump to solution
10-20-2023 03:35 PM
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

I am trying to pull a list of Case IDs into a dropdown menu using Survey123 Connect.

I've inserted the following info in the appearance column of a "select_one list_caseID" row:
autocomplete search('list_case_id?url=https://services8.arcgis.com/euhkr1dAJeQBIjV0/arcgis/rest/services/service_fb0410d92ff74e75981d175d7...')

The dropdown field is blank and even when I type in the field, no results populate.

Can someone help me with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicholas, thanks for providing your XLSForm.

Currently the name and label for the list_caseID choice list are caseID and Case ID, respectively. Could you please try making the name and label for the list_caseID choice list the same value, i.e. caseID (assuming this matches the field name in the feature layer exactly)?

Hope this helps. Best, Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicholas, thanks for providing your XLSForm.

Currently the name and label for the list_caseID choice list are caseID and Case ID, respectively. Could you please try making the name and label for the list_caseID choice list the same value, i.e. caseID (assuming this matches the field name in the feature layer exactly)?

Hope this helps. Best, Jim

0 Kudos
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

Thank you @Jim-Moore. I changed all my names and labels to "caseID" instead of "list_caseID" and this seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

@Jim-Moore 
One more question. Is it possible to do a choice_filter when pulling an external list like this as well? I want to filter the caseID options that show up for specific radioBrands selected in this XLSForm?

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RutledgeNicholas glad to hear you got it working.

Regarding filtering the choices - instead of using choice_filter, you can use the optional search/filter parameters in the search() expression itself, as described here:

Dynamic Choice Lists using Search Appearance - Esri Community

0 Kudos