Auto-populating AGOL Feature Layer Attributes from Survey123 Responses

07-08-2020 01:28 PM
JuliaSurkis
New Contributor II

I have found a lot of documentation on populating Survey123 with attributes/features from other sources, but I am having a hard time finding solutions for the other way around. Basically I want survey123 embedded in a web mapping application where the user can add various points/lines/polygons, but the features that they add should also have a bunch of attribute data that is answered in the survey (i.e. name, permit number, type, etc.). Right now we just have the web app linked from the survey, but it seems like it would be better to automate/autopopulate the attribute data if it's possible. Does anyone have experience with this, or a suggestion on a different way to accomplish?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Julia Surkis‌, 

If you create, or modify, your survey in Survey123 Connect there are a large number of formulas that can be used to autopopulate fields. 

Please use this link for reference regarding the available formulas in ArcGIS Survey123: Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

You can also view a large number of samples and community templates in Survey123 Connect that can help with identifying what can be done. 

Another option since you said you would like to embed the survey in the Web App is to use the Survey123 Web Form URL parameters which can pass along attribute data to the survey when it is launched. 

For example you can use ArcGIS Dashboards to edit survey responses within the dashboard: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/04/27/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-embedding-... 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach