ArcGISRequestError: HTTP 504: UNKNOWN_ERROR for Survey123 generate report

Jump to solution
04-27-2021 10:52 AM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

None of the reports can be generated because of ArcGISRequestError: HTTP 504: UNKNOWN_ERROR for all of my surveys.

Tags (2)
36 Replies
miharobarinho
New Contributor

Hi, can you tell us, what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Miha

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@miharobarinho ,

The original issue was fixed by the product team, see the solution here.

Did you still observe the HTTP 504 error when generating a report? Can please share any details of your case? For example:

- A screenshot of the error in the Data page on the Survey123 website

- How many records are included in the report job?

- Are there many maps or images you plan to print in the report?

0 Kudos
miharobarinho
New Contributor

Hi,

for past 14 days, we are unable to create reports from our templates. The error occurred every time, with no difference creating pdf or doc dokument. also saving to esri account or locally brings no difference. I am sending you a snip of an error. Before past 14 days it worked ok. We are just implementing survey 123 and that is a big issue for us.

We have several projects, and non report generation works, amount of data is low, and also no images are present, just a map of location. Also just one record can not be exported.

I am still unable to see and understand, what solution did some of the customers used?

Thanks, Miha

0 Kudos
miharobarinho
New Contributor

And a snip of an error:

miharobarinho_0-1626069153426.png

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@miharobarinho ,

Thanks for the information, it turns out that your case is not the same with the solution I mentioned previously, which was fixed two and half months ago.

Since there is no update to the Survey123 website for at least one month, can you please confirm if there is any change in your environment? Did you use connect to an instance of ArcGIS Enterprise via the Survey123 website? Since you mentioned that all reports are failed to generate with the HTTP 504 error, is there any e.g. network environment to your ArcGIS Enterprise in past two weeks?

0 Kudos
miharobarinho
New Contributor

Hi,

I have tried some more tests on our Survey 123 report generating error. We are unable even to download sample template, getting the same error code: 504, as you can see in attachment. In the past month, there were no changes in the environment of the Enterprise portal. Also services for Survey 123 projects were not built on top of existing services, but are brand new for each survey 123 project - we are in test mode.

Thanks in advance for any new suggestions, what could it be.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@miharobarinho ,

Thanks for attaching the screenshot.

If the 504 error also occurs when you try to download a sample template, it indicates that the Survey123 website cannot download/access an item from your org.

Can you please share some more details?

• Are you connecting to an ArcGIS Enterprise instance on the Survey123 website https://survey123.arcgis.com?portalUrl=  ?
    • If yes, can you please confirm if your ArcGIS Enterprise can be accessed from the internet?
  • After deleting all existing report templates, can you create the 3 sample templates successfully?
  • In addition to the 504 error when downloading a template, can you upload any local report template successfully?
0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem again.

YuliaMamonova

Same problem again

DarrylAlbert
New Contributor III

Same problem for me just this afternoon.