allowUpdates = true does not return repeats in Inbox

08-17-2021 03:04 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

We have been using query allowUpdates=true in our surveys to allow repeats to be viewed and edited via the Inbox. However, we have recently noticed that this is no longer working. Now when viewing the surveys in the Inbox, none of the repeats show. The survey contains nested repeats.

A simplified example of the form structure is as follows:

typenamelabelappearancerelevantbind::esri:parameters
select_one yesnoSurveyPossibleAre you able to carry out a survey?   
begin repeatRecordsAdd a recordminimal${SurveyPossible}='yes'query allowUpdates=true
timeRecordTimeRecord time   
select_one RefStatusRefStatusstatus   
begin repeatSightingsRecord details ${RefStatus} != 'ARNF' and ${RefStatus} != 'ARNC'query allowUpdates=true
select_one_external SpeciesSpeciesSpeciesautocomplete  
end repeat     
end repeat     

I have tested the following to see if it fixes the issue, but none of these steps have fixed it:

1. remove 'null' from bind::esri:fieldType in begin repeat rows
  2. change query allowUpdates=true to allowUpdates=true query in bind::esri:parameters in begin repeat rows
  3. change appearance from minimal to blank in begin repeat rows

The latest version of the form was published from Connect 3.12.232, and tested in the Survey123 field app 3.12.277 (Windows x 64 and Android phone).

@Anonymous User @JamesTedrick 

Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DataOfficer

I've tested on my end with the sample form structure from above and I am not able to reproduce the same behavior. If you publish a new test survey using the form structure above are you able to reproduce the same behavior? 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Zach,

Thanks for your reply. I've just tested a new form using the pared down example I gave and it is working (though interestingly I'm now experiencing some other issues with the Windows x64 install of the field app version 3.12.277 where it the 'Send now'/'Continue this survey'/'Save in Drafts' window hangs and doesn't work - working on my android phone though).

However my full form still doesn't show any of the repeats when viewed from the Inbox.  The full form is >500 rows long and uses the 'theme-grid pages' style if that is likely to be having any effect?

Many thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos