Power Automate and Enterprise

03-01-2021 03:03 PM
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I am trying to set up MS Power Automate (PA) to automate some tasks. Currently, we are using Integromat, but are looking for some additional functionality.

I am trying to set up our PA Flow, but am having some trouble connecting to Survey123. PA asks me to log into AGO. I can do that successfully, but our surveys are on our Enterprise server. Is it possible to connect the two?

15 Replies
PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

We have successfully connected Enterprise S123 to Power Automate and it's reasonably reliable. It's still in early adopters as far as I know.

Have a look at this discussion.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/is-it-possible-to-create-flows-in-power-aut...

Though I'm not sure the article @JamesTedrick is referring to in there still exists.

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reply. That sounds promising that it can be done.

Sadly, those articles are no longer available. Maybe one of the devs will be able to provide a new link? In the meantime, I will keep looking.

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

Have you made any progress with this?

I want to do the same, but don't utilize the ".maps.arcgis.com" portal URL.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I have. I am now using Power Automate to run all of our S123 operations. Works decently well, but no where near as seamless as Integromat. I keep meaning to create a guide for people here but keep getting distracted.

0 Kudos
TL2
by

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000025025

Is it possible to alter the connector to fire when editing existing record (from sent folder or inbox)?

To clarify this is in regards to Enterprise custom connector.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd be interested to hear if Esri has a different stance on this, but from my tests the answer would be "No". Very frustrating. I have told users to "Copy data to a new survey" rather than "Edit and resend" which has thankfully been acceptable for our current surveys. This won't always be the case though.

Integromat does activate a flow when a record has been edited, but Integromat does not currently work with Enterprise 10.9 (which we are using).

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers

Yes, from the Survey123 website, select the survey, then select settings > webhooks, and check "Existing record edited" under Trigger Events:

JasonCyphers_0-1629884347979.png

0 Kudos
TL2
by

To clarify this is in regards to Enterprise custom connector.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Right. I should have mentioned that this is how you are supposed to enable the option on Esri's side. But Power Automate, at least in our couple environments (1.8.1 and now 10.9) did not respond once this option was checked. This is opposed to Integromat which did activate on edit (at least in 10.8.1), so I know it does work in some scenarios.

0 Kudos