Select to view content in your preferred language

All flows in power automate giving error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value')

01-25-2023 09:05 AM
RobBlash
Regular Contributor

All of my flows (and I have many) are producing this error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value') See screen shot attached.

I tried logging into my connector again but that didn't solve the issue. I assume the value it's trying to read is associated with the 'Url of ArcGIS Enterprise' parameter. Where do I find this param to fix it? And what is the expected URL? All of my flows are based on surveys published to ArcGIS Online.

All of the flows are still running correctly, but I can not make any edits to them due to this error. 

16 Replies
EgleAdmin
New Contributor III

We are experiencing this issue for about half of our flows (about 10). The weird thing is the same Survey123 works in one Flow and we get this same error "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value')" in another Flow. Unfortunately the Flow that we get the error in is a very complicated one and re-building is a huge ask. @BarbaraWebster1 is there an update when this will be resolved?

0 Kudos
KBeardsley
New Contributor II

I have encountered this same problem, and really need to edit the email content as we have a new employee and she needs to receive the automated email.  I put a lot of time and effort into creating the returned email message, with lots of dynamic content, and I'm not interested in recreating all this.  Please let me know when there will be a solution that does not require users to re-enter all of their dynamic content.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have also been dealing with this issue and just escalated the bug through ESRI support. I have several complicated flows that need changes. Some will be a nightmare to rebuild. Is there any hope that this bug will be corrected without having to delete the Survey 123 connector?

Thank you,

Michael

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

I'm also dealing with this issue and would really appreciate a resolution.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
KimberlyMyers1
New Contributor II

We ran into this issue too. Hoping there is a resolution other than rebuilding our flows. 

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

On Friday I opened up a support ticket with Microsoft to see if they could do something on their end. The conclusion was that the fix would have to be done by ESRI.  We did a lot of testing looking for work arounds to avoid having to rebuild flows. No luck. However, we took a close look at the JSON generated by the Survey 123 connector. We compared a working flow and a non working flow and one thing that stood out was the "PortalUrl" parameter was blank in the non working flow's JSON. In the working flow's JSON it was "portalUrl": "https://www.arcgis.com". See both JSON's below (portalUrl colored in orange). @BarbaraWebster1 , would it be possible to expose the PortalUrl parameter where users can input the portal url? I wonder if that might solve the issue.

Thanks,

Michael 

Working Survey 123 Connector:

{

"inputs": {

"host": {

"connection": {

"name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_survey123_1']['connectionId']"

}

},

"body": {

"webhook": {

"name": "MS-FLOW",

"events": [

"addData"

],

"url": "@{listCallbackUrl()}",

"includePortalInfo": true,

"includeUserInfo": true,

"includeSurveyInfo": true,

"includeServiceRequest": true,

"includeServiceResponse": true

}

},

"path": "/api/survey/@{encodeURIComponent('0dc764dbbe8145bd821a3751a8fc3c70')}/webhook/add",

"queries": {

"portalUrl": "https://www.arcgis.com"

},

"authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"

}

}

Survey 123 Connector with Error Message

"inputs": {

"host": {

"connection": {

"name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_survey123_2']['connectionId']"

}

},

"body": {

"webhook": {

"name": "MS-FLOW",

"events": [

"addData"

],

"url": "@{listCallbackUrl()}",

"includePortalInfo": true,

"includeUserInfo": true,

"includeSurveyInfo": true,

"includeServiceRequest": true,

"includeServiceResponse": true

}

},

"path": "/api/survey/@{encodeURIComponent('0dc764dbbe8145bd821a3751a8fc3c70')}/webhook/add",

"portalUrl": ""

},

"authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"

},

"metadata": {

"flowSystemMetadata": {

"swaggerOperationId": "AddData"

},

"operationMetadataId": "0b3a1791-5fe2-405d-b00f-96eed3a17dca"

}

}

PADEP_GIS
New Contributor II

Thanks to @MichaelTorbett I think I was able to solve my problem that was the same as everyone else. Sorry if this is too late for everyone else.

First, I saved my existing flow as a new flow, but I don't open it at all.

I exported my new flow to a "Package" which is a zip folder. You can do this from your flow list. Select the three dot ellipsis > Export > Package (.zip)

I extracted the zip folder, navigated into the folder structure to find a file called "definition.json". I edited with my IDE and inserted the ArcGIS online URL into the appropriate location

"portalUrl": "https://www.arcgis.com"

},

Once that was done, I zipped the files up again and went to Power Automate to Import and Upgrade my existing flow with the package. Hope this helps someone else.