All flows in power automate giving error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value')

01-25-2023 09:05 AM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

All of my flows (and I have many) are producing this error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value') See screen shot attached.

I tried logging into my connector again but that didn't solve the issue. I assume the value it's trying to read is associated with the 'Url of ArcGIS Enterprise' parameter. Where do I find this param to fix it? And what is the expected URL? All of my flows are based on surveys published to ArcGIS Online.

All of the flows are still running correctly, but I can not make any edits to them due to this error. 

16 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RobBlash,

There was an update to the Survey123 connector this week we are looking into what may be causing this conflict. Like you mentioned, this error appears while editing a flow and does not prevent existing flows from running.

Can you try removing the 'When a survey response is submitted' trigger from the flow and re-adding it to resolve the error?

Thank you,
-Barbara

RobBlash

Hi Barbara,

Will this disconnect the flow from the survey? I want to avoid having to re-publish the survey.

Also, it seems like this may break all of the downstream functions in the flow (since the survey trigger is typically the first step in the flow). Has anyone at Esri confirmed this will work?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobBlash Adding a new trigger would mean you would need to select your survey again in the new trigger module and also re-enter any dynamic content based on the trigger survey downstream in the flow. You wouldn't need to republish the survey, but would need to update any surveys that were already downloaded in the field app. In our testing, re-adding the connector has resolved this issue. We are still looking into this issue to identify the specific cause. 

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
RobBlash

Barbara,

Rebuilding the flows and having every user re-download from the field app are individual deal breakers, and combined are a major interruption.

What's Esri's ETA on a non-disruptive fix? I have way too many surveys, flows, and users to go down the suggested path.

RobBlash

And while  a republish might not be technically required, it's necessary to update the version property for each survey. Without that property updated, I have no other way of tracking whether or not field users are submitting surveys with the updated survey/flow.

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Our testing indicates that the error is a result of Power Automate archiving the previous version of the connector when a flow was created with a Power Automate template. Unfortunately, because of this the action must be re-added to the flow in order for the flow to be edited.

0 Kudos
AlexUreAl
New Contributor II
Tengo el mismo problema. ¿Qué solución sugieres? Ya saqué el gatillo y lo puse de nuevo y el flujo no funciona.

BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AlexUreAl, please see the response above.

0 Kudos
AlexUreAl
New Contributor II
Thanks. In my case I had to rebuild the workflows again, after that they work fine, luckily we are in the initial stage of testing.

Regards.
0 Kudos