AGOL User level requirements

Jump to solution
05-09-2018 06:09 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking for documentation for survey123 and user levels in arcgis online.

System requirements—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

the above docs only say I need a org account. however level 1 users are not able to view any forms.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see it explicitly in the documentation or in the Frequently asked questions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS   (although this would be a good thing, CC dlaw-esristaff ). However when you look at https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/apps/uncategorized/your-guide-to-named-user-levels/  you will see a general comment:

What Can This New Level 1 Named Users Not Do?

• Create any kind of content

When you fill out a survey you are creating content and for that reason you will need a level 2 named user.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
XanderBakker

If your form is not shared publicly, you will need a level 2 named user to fill out the form. 

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

ok that makes sense, any documentation on that?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

I didn't see it explicitly in the documentation or in the Frequently asked questions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS   (although this would be a good thing, CC dlaw-esristaff ). However when you look at https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/apps/uncategorized/your-guide-to-named-user-levels/  you will see a general comment:

What Can This New Level 1 Named Users Not Do?

• Create any kind of content

When you fill out a survey you are creating content and for that reason you will need a level 2 named user.

JamesTedrick

Thanks Xander,

While this is implied in Frequently asked questions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS , it can be more explicitly described; I've logged an issue to improve Survey123's documentation.

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

Thanks Xander and James, I have the answer I just need a hard-copy doc to show admin for budgeting purposes.

0 Kudos