3.17 Survey123 Connect Update Broke My Survey

Jump to solution
02-22-2023 04:24 PM
GIS_utahDEM
Occasional Contributor II

I had a survey published in 3.13 that has been in use for almost a year, but after an update at the end of 2022 a bug was occurring (submitting in edit mode deleted all previously added attachments). Communicating with ESRI tech support and testing on a "demo" version of my survey (which was integrated into multiple apps as part of a process), found that 3.16 seemed to fix the problem. Fast forward to when I get the chance to republish the live survey in the newer version (now 3.17), and with pretty much no changes to the file, my survey is completely broken (attached). I don't get any "hazards" or "warnings" with the new analyze feature, but clearly something is wrong. This was supposed to be a quick update for my stakeholders and survey users, so any ideas asap would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm attaching the survey123 file as well. 

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_utahDEM ,

Thank you for sharing here! Have you set up the "thank you screen" or "close screen"? If you have changed any of them using the website, please go to the Design and Collaborate pages to check if this content is displayed correctly.

If the website Design and Collaborate page shows the same encoded content (started with %3Cp like the screenshot below), changing the content and republishing the survey on the website should fix the issue.

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1677231518531.png

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Where is that screenshot from?

Are you submitting surveys through the web app? If so, what are the settings for 'always use latest version'?

If you are submitting through the field app, are the users on the latest version of the field app?

Did you republish the survey in Connect 3.17?

0 Kudos
GIS_utahDEM
Occasional Contributor II

The screenshot is from when I open the survey from the web app. None of the questions show up, just more of what I showed. I just use the web app for this survey and not the field app. 

I have "Use the version it was published with" in the settings

Yes, it was originally published with 3.13 and was working fine. I republished today using 3.17 and now the survey looks like that. 

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_utahDEM ,

Thank you for sharing here! Have you set up the "thank you screen" or "close screen"? If you have changed any of them using the website, please go to the Design and Collaborate pages to check if this content is displayed correctly.

If the website Design and Collaborate page shows the same encoded content (started with %3Cp like the screenshot below), changing the content and republishing the survey on the website should fix the issue.

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1677231518531.png

Thanks,

Ruth

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

I am having this exact same issue, but I get the "%3cp...." as the thank you screen after submitting a survey.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @ArmstKP ,

The issue has been fixed in the 3.17 hotfix1 (currently available on prod), so the following 3 methods should fix the issue:

• Append ?version=latest to the survey URL or close the version lock
  • In the website, fix the thank you screen message and republish the survey
  • Republish the survey using 3.17 Connect

We currently only fixed the issue in the 3.17 version, and we will try to fix the achieved 3.16 version in the next update (3.17 March update), then the survey with 3.16 version lock will work directly.

Thanks,

Ruth

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@Ruth_JiatengXu Thank you for your help/post.  I chose your 2nd solution ("In the website, fix the thank you screen message and republish the survey") and it fixed the issue.