Delete surveys in Inbox as well as records in repeats

08-23-2021 02:24 PM
HALOTrust
New Contributor II

Delete surveys in Inbox as well as records in repeats

8 Comments
MichelleWilliamsERM

When you say delete, do you mean remove them from the end-users inbox? OR Delete the record? First check your Query expression to see if you can tweak something to remove the trigger that's keeping the records in the inbox.

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1633369218144.png

HALOTrust

I mean deleting the record. Of course it should be a user who has got the permissions to do so.

CarissaPhantom

I'm not sure that's an option for the end-user.

BUT you could add a field that says Delete this record, and you can go in and remove those.

Carissa_0-1633373798437.png

HélèneTouyéras

Good afternoon @IsmaelChivite and @JamesTedrick ,

Is there a technical limitation on deleting feature from the inbox?

De facto, field workers have restricted edit privileges when using Survey123, compared to other Field Apps (or compared to web apps), where they can delete feature if the combo 'feature service parameters' & 'user profile' give them the rights to do so.

ref. S123 question here,

My users do not understand why there is an app to create data and another one to delete data - they feel they have no right to make mistakes and (easily) clean after themselves.

I struggle to explain them why this is so... thanks for your lights!!

... and ideally, thanks for including this feature in forthcoming versions 🙂

With kind regards,

Hélène.

CarissaPhantom
BKS
by
andrewdc_tt

Was surprised to discover you can't delete records from the Survey123 mobile app inbox today. This seems like a fairly fundamental feature for an app that is about creating and editing data, can we please get the feature added?

MichelleWilliamsERM

Hello friends, 

WE don't want users to delete records in the inbox because it would delete the record from AGOL. 

What you can do is hide records from the inbox by using code to specify what you want the end user to see in the inbox. 

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1707185032731.png

Checkout this training at about 8 minutes Survey123 Padawan Academy WEEK 17 - Inbox Query Expression (youtube.com)

I hope that helps!