Calculate location from a feature service (without javascript)

02-10-2022 08:10 AM
Labels (2)
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

For public surveys, you can currently calculate location for a geopoint question using a look up search against a .csv (local or linked content). See this blog post, for example.

However, we would like to be able to look up search against another feature service. Our list of locations is dynamic and new records are added via Survey123. It is huge admin burden to republish the .csv every time a new record is added or an existing record is deleted. 

Tags (1)
6 Comments
IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks @Anneka_France 

Would  syntax like this work for you?

IsmaelChivite_0-1644509825987.png

The pulldata() function would return one record, from which you could extract the geopoint value.

By the way, when you say (without JSON), you really mean (without JS). Correct?

IsmaelChivite_0-1644530675291.png

Anneka_France

Oops, yes I do mean javascript (as we can't use js functions for public surveys)! Absolutely fine if the function returns a JSON object, as long as we can then parse contents using calculations. 

I think that syntax looks like it would work, but could you explain what each of the parameters represents?

Essentially we just need to be able to specify the target layer, the type of lookup (contains, starts with, ends with etc.), which column to search in and the field value from the current survey to search by.

Hope that makes sense?

IsmaelChivite

Thanks @Anneka_France  I added some additional details above, but do not take them literally. I think the requirement is well understood. Flagged as under consideration for now.

Anneka_France

Thanks @IsmaelChivite . That looks great, as long as non-spatial queries will be possible too.

Hope to see this enhancement in a future update 🤞

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Now available in Beta. Check details at: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-april-2022-now-available-in-beta/ba-p/...

Tentatively scheduled for general release in July 2022

JamesTedrick
Status changed to: Implemented

This functionality is now available using the pulldata('@layer') function.  Please refer to the Survey123 documentation and the Esri Community blog post on this functionality.