Share Story Map with individual people

Jump to solution
05-27-2020 08:41 AM
JasmineThomas
New Contributor

I work in law enforcement and am a new user. Our data is not all public info. How can I share a Story Map with people who do not have ESRI/ArcGIS accounts and which cannot be made "public"?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jasmine -- Sharing something privately with someone who does not have an account is not currently a capability of the ArcGIS platform. This applies to stories but also any other type of item you can create in ArcGIS.

I believe the best way to do this is invite external collaborators to your organization and restrict their privileges by using a custom role so they can only see content specifically shared with them via a group. You can provide these individuals with Viewer licenses, which are a lower cost than Creator licenses. See more about license types here.

You might want to ask the ArcGIS Online‌ community for other ideas since this is not a question unique to stories.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jasmine -- Sharing something privately with someone who does not have an account is not currently a capability of the ArcGIS platform. This applies to stories but also any other type of item you can create in ArcGIS.

I believe the best way to do this is invite external collaborators to your organization and restrict their privileges by using a custom role so they can only see content specifically shared with them via a group. You can provide these individuals with Viewer licenses, which are a lower cost than Creator licenses. See more about license types here.

You might want to ask the ArcGIS Online‌ community for other ideas since this is not a question unique to stories.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
YauncyAncira
New Contributor

Does ESRI plan on making that a capability? Like Jasmine, I have built a story map and want to share it with my boss, my organization,  and other specific customers but I can not make it public.  Not everybody is an ESRI user at my organization and seems odd that this is not an option for that very reason.  

CristinaRichards
New Contributor

I agree with Yauncy!  We NEED this option to share story maps with non-ESRI users!

Thank you!

jreed_geo
New Contributor

I see no response here in 6 months...is anybody from ESRI monitoring this?