Select to view content in your preferred language

Moving from a solution in AGOL to Portal

Jump to solution
04-18-2023 10:49 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I was just wondering if anyone has started with a solution in AGOL and then went and launched that solution in Portal when it became available. Is this manageable? I would like to deploy the new cemetery management solution in AGOL, but ultimately would prefer this in Portal.. I just like the idea of waiting for the built out solution. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielWickens
Esri Contributor

@ToddPlank2's recommendation is correct. We are planning to release a version of Cemetery Management at Enterprise 11.2. The feature layers and schema will not change, so you will be able to export your data from your AGOL solution and load it into the Enterprise version.

A more complicated option is to re-create the solution's maps, apps, and views in ArcGIS Enterprise, either manually or with the help of ArcGIS Assistant. However, if you're okay with waiting for the solution to be available at Enterprise 11.2, that will be the best option.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
ToddPlank2
New Contributor II

Hi Laura,

While I have not had the need to do it yet I would imagine it is similar to migrating from an older version of a Solution to a newer version.  You would deploy the solution in Portal then migrate your feature layer data from AGO to the same Portal feature layers.  The feature layers schemas should be the same so it should be pretty seamless, unless I am missing something.  

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@Laura Great question! Recommend to review the solution requirements and have a good understanding of the information products, components included. For instance these details can be found at  Cemetery Management

Some solutions have been built to support both ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise but some are not packaged for both. However, you can follow @ToddPlank2 advice and port over a solution per your deployment/implementation needs.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
cog_GIS_Admin
New Contributor

I have deployed the Cemetery Management solution and am building the database. I plan to build it in-house, the deploy wither on the portal or AGOL. I am disappointed that ESRI provide no documentation whatsoever for this solution. I was trying to find Entity Relationship Diagrams, Administrators guide, set up guide etc., to no avail.

0 Kudos
Dakota
by
New Contributor II

I am currently attempting to deploy but running into issues joining/relating the owner and burials tables with the gravesites layer when following the deployment tasks. It is a major headache for some reason.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

It took forever to me as well along with multiple calls to support. 

0 Kudos
Dakota
by
New Contributor II

Bummer! What was the solution? I still haven't gotten it to work... Starting to give it another go. When I validate my burial to gravesites join based on the gravesiteid field it comes back with no matches.... I checked for any leading or trailing spaces on the data and even removed and reindexed the join fields. No luck.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Don't use the join within the task folder of the solution. Just do it directly on the layer and table.

Dakota
by
New Contributor II

I just got it working.. Solution was a facepalm but I just need to close my attribute table. Even though nothing was selected in them, a row was being highlighted somehow is the best guess I have.

0 Kudos
DanielWickens
Esri Contributor

@Dakota - sorry to hear the tasks were hard to follow. I am aware that sometimes the tasks automatically make a selection of no records (see screenshot below), and that can cause issues with running the join/calculate.

Opening the attribute table and either switching the selection or choosing a manual selection should fix the issue. 

If there are any other issues you're experiencing with the Pro tasks or overall solution, please let me know and I can log them as issues to fix in an update. Thank you!

CemeteryDataManagement_protasks.png