Quick Capture synced all points, but half of them are missing images!

Jump to solution
04-23-2022 11:32 AM
KaraUtter1
New Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced missing attachments in Quick Capture? This isn't just a couple of missing attachments, this is missing 300 out of 500 attachments when the sync from the tablet gave a complete and successful sync message. All of the photo points did appear in AGOL, however over half of the images were missing! The quick capture is only set up with a single button to do a single action, which is take a photo point picture.

The person I made this for went to 4 properties 2 different times because the first time so many photos didn't come through the sync (about 300). On one of the last properties they visited, only 18 out of 58 photos came through with the points that were collected and synced.

Quick Capture gave NO ERROR MESSAGES or any other indication that the sync was unsuccessful. I'm very frustrated and am thinking I can't trust quick capture to do what it was designed to do after this experience.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue resulted from the fact that the feature service was not configured to have the supportsEditsWithGlobalIds = true. This resulted in unreliable submission of attachments. 

See: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/how-to-enable-supportsapplyeditswithglobalids-on... for more information.

In 1.14 release, the designer will provide a warning when creating a project using feature layers that do not have the capability. In future releases, we will require this capability for all featrure layers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

@KaraUtter1 could you attach a screen recording, replicating the issue? Also, can you confirm the app version the user is using, and that it is up to date with the most recent QC updates (i.e. not skipping the update).

I have never had issues with photos syncing like you described.  The only syncing issues my staff encountered had to do with syncing large photos and a lot of them.  What they ultimately had to do was repeat the syncing process, where it would do 30 at a time... This is only on 1 of my 15 QC photo applications.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue resulted from the fact that the feature service was not configured to have the supportsEditsWithGlobalIds = true. This resulted in unreliable submission of attachments. 

See: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/how-to-enable-supportsapplyeditswithglobalids-on... for more information.

In 1.14 release, the designer will provide a warning when creating a project using feature layers that do not have the capability. In future releases, we will require this capability for all featrure layers.

0 Kudos
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

@JohnathanHasthorpe, was the data able to be recovered?

0 Kudos
KaraUtter1
New Contributor III

No, Megan, the data was unrecoverable. That is the issue with supportsEditsWithGlobalIds = false. The application development team is working on making sure that any layers with attachments enabled won't be created the supportsEditsWithGlobalIds = false any more and will always be supportsEditsWithGlobalIds = true.