Select to view content in your preferred language

QC line colors in map view do not match the button colors

Jump to solution
08-18-2023 08:35 AM
CarlBeyerhelm1
Occasional Contributor

I'm a total QuickCapture rookie, so I'm probably missing something basic.  I established symbology and color for my underlying QC layer, but when I am capturing data the buttons are the correct color, but the lines in the map view do not match the button color.  See the attached screenshot.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@CarlBeyerhelm1 - The symbology you are seeing is for records that have not been sent to ArcGIS (i.e. they are still local to the device). At the moment local records are always turquoise. You will need to create a web map that contains the layer(s) that QuickCapture is updating, and set this as the project map in the designer settings. Once the features are sent to ArcGIS (and the map updates), you will see them in the correct layer symbology.

Note that we are working on an enhancement to update the symbology of local features so that match that of the project buttons, or the target feature layers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TracySmith2
Emerging Contributor

It actually does not matter what your buttons look like in QuickCapture it all depends on your symbology on the map itself. Are you using map viewer and/or map viewer classic to create symbology?  Sometimes if you use classic it does not show up if you save later in the new map viewer, so I suggest use the new map, viewer and make sure symbology is correct and re save map.

0 Kudos
CarlBeyerhelm1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I configured the map symbology colors in the "new" map viewer...not in Classic.  Then, when I created the QC project, the buttons automatically inherited their color from the map symbols for each of the six map classes, and I assumed that QC's lines would inherit matching colors too, but they didn't.

I'll try again to see if I can find where things went off the rails.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@CarlBeyerhelm1 - The symbology you are seeing is for records that have not been sent to ArcGIS (i.e. they are still local to the device). At the moment local records are always turquoise. You will need to create a web map that contains the layer(s) that QuickCapture is updating, and set this as the project map in the designer settings. Once the features are sent to ArcGIS (and the map updates), you will see them in the correct layer symbology.

Note that we are working on an enhancement to update the symbology of local features so that match that of the project buttons, or the target feature layers.

0 Kudos
CarlBeyerhelm1
Occasional Contributor

OK.  Thanks for the follow-up.  Good to know.

0 Kudos