Select to view content in your preferred language

Update failure via attribute rules with arcade

Jump to solution
04-01-2021 10:10 AM
ZhiyongHong
Emerging Contributor

Our team is trying to use Arcade to do some data updates without success and I have reduced the update to be the simplest possible. Basically, this is to copy the data to 'notes' when this field changed. I am on pro 2.7 and I am using file geodatabase. Could anyone see what is wrong with this arcade expression or do I need to configure something for update via arcade? Thanks in advance for any helps! Following are the screenshots of the error we received and the arcade expression.

ZhiyongHong_0-1617296891713.pngZhiyongHong_1-1617296999979.png

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ZhiyongHong
Emerging Contributor

Yeah, that is why we have to use the edit/update of the arcade. Our case (wording in your model) is that we need to detect the change in centreline_assets(trigger, giver) and push the change to watermain (receiver). We define the rule in centreline_assets and I think the only way for this to work is to use edit/updates from arcade. Not sure how to use a second trigger for this. Do you know an example of such kind of scenery?

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt
Frequent Contributor

I have not used arcade edit/updates

ZhiyongHong
Emerging Contributor

I accepted one of the above comments from @SarahHartholt as a solution since her approach should be the right way to go to update a different field in the same feature. To update a field in a different feature using the "Edit" in the payload, the trick here is to edit on the "Attribute Rule" to trigger the rule, which will display a very nice message to tell us exactly what to do: there is a checkbox need to be enabled. 

ZhiyongHong_0-1618863673572.png

0 Kudos