Select to view content in your preferred language

Prevent geodatasbe edits if Pro addin not installed

07-01-2024 04:10 PM
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

I'm looking for a way to prevent edits to a geodatabase if an addin is not present in ArcGIS Pro. The extension listens to row change events on certain feature classes, and I would like to prevent edits if these row events are not triggered.

In ArcObjects and ArcMap I was able to achieve this by using class extensions. Once an extension was registered with a feature class at the geodatabase level, the ArcMap client knew not to allow edit sessions if the class extension was not installed on that workstation.

Is there a way to achieve a similar result using the Pro SDK?

Unfortunately, the business logic I have to implement is too complex for attribute rules. I am considering SOIs but the preferred workflow is direct database editing.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
DrewDowling

Thanks for the suggestion, Charles, but I don't think that will work. To access that part of the SDK, the addin would already have to be loaded.

I'm looking for a way for the map or layers to check if the addin is loaded when they are added to the map.

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

in Pro we only have addins - to include what u wld hv previously used an extension for. Addins can load early by setting the <insertModule .... autoLoad="true" ...>. It will be there when a map or layers are loaded to do the necessary.

0 Kudos
DrewDowling

Unfortunately, in this case, the module would have to already be present on the workstation. I'm trying to prevent editing from a machine where the module isn't present. For example, if an editor moved cube, and started using ArcGIS Pro from a workstation that doesn't have the module installed.

0 Kudos