How do I install an old version of ArcGIS PRO SDK?

Jump to solution
05-24-2021 08:33 AM
JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

How do I install an old version of ArcGIS Pro SDK. I previously set the SDK settings to not auto update, but this seems to have been changed recently. My version updated to 2.8 which is causing issues. I simply want to install 2.7. How do I do this?? This should not be hard to do.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

uninstall your current copy. Extensions->Manage Extensions->Installed. Click on the Uninstall button for the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET extension. Close and reopen VS and SDK will uninstall.

Then go here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/releases

download version 2.7 and install (proapp-sdk-templates.vsix)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can get the older SDKs from here by clicking on a version and downloading the vsix files at the bottom of the wiki page (under "Assets").

CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

uninstall your current copy. Extensions->Manage Extensions->Installed. Click on the Uninstall button for the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET extension. Close and reopen VS and SDK will uninstall.

Then go here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/releases

download version 2.7 and install (proapp-sdk-templates.vsix)

JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

I ran this, but found it doesn't add the utilities also. Anyway I can get those? @KenBuja  @CharlesMacleod 

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

The Utilities vsix has been uploaded now to the assets section of the 2.7 release page.

Thanks!

Uma

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Also I would recommend to uncheck the Visual Studio option to 'Automatically update extensions' as shown here:  ProGuide Installation and Upgrade · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com) 

By default Visual Studio automatically checks this option so when a new release becomes available your ArcGIS Pro SDK is automatically upgraded.  

0 Kudos