Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I install an old version of ArcGIS PRO SDK?

Jump to solution
05-24-2021 08:33 AM
JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

How do I install an old version of ArcGIS Pro SDK. I previously set the SDK settings to not auto update, but this seems to have been changed recently. My version updated to 2.8 which is causing issues. I simply want to install 2.7. How do I do this?? This should not be hard to do.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

uninstall your current copy. Extensions->Manage Extensions->Installed. Click on the Uninstall button for the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET extension. Close and reopen VS and SDK will uninstall.

Then go here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/releases

download version 2.7 and install (proapp-sdk-templates.vsix)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can get the older SDKs from here by clicking on a version and downloading the vsix files at the bottom of the wiki page (under "Assets").

CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

uninstall your current copy. Extensions->Manage Extensions->Installed. Click on the Uninstall button for the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET extension. Close and reopen VS and SDK will uninstall.

Then go here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/releases

download version 2.7 and install (proapp-sdk-templates.vsix)

JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

I ran this, but found it doesn't add the utilities also. Anyway I can get those? @KenBuja  @CharlesMacleod 

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

The Utilities vsix has been uploaded now to the assets section of the 2.7 release page.

Thanks!

Uma

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Also I would recommend to uncheck the Visual Studio option to 'Automatically update extensions' as shown here:  ProGuide Installation and Upgrade · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com) 

By default Visual Studio automatically checks this option so when a new release becomes available your ArcGIS Pro SDK is automatically upgraded.  

0 Kudos
VidmasKondratas
Esri Contributor

It would be really nice if "auto update" would be turned off by default and that you can pick the version you want to download from the Extensions manager in Visual Studio. Especially since the incorrect version and auto update will break your build. When I install NuGet packages, they don't auto update and I can pick specific versions. 

GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

You can add your suggestion to ArcGIS Pro SDK Ideas.

0 Kudos