Get Archive Table in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-25-2017 12:11 AM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi,

How do I get access to the archive table associated with a feature class using the ArcGIS Pro SDK?

In the past we could access directly the archive table using the code below:

IArchivableClass archivableClass = table as IArchivableClass;

where table is an ITable.

I have a batch script coded in ArcObjects to abstract us from the underlying gdb schema changes that require conversion to the new SDK.

// This is my ArcGIS Pro feature class object

FeatureClass featureClass = geodatabase.OpenDataset<FeatureClass>("SDE.DBO.MyFeatureClass"); 

How can I get the archive table associated with this feature class directly?

Cheers,

Jose

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinZwicker
Esri Contributor

Jose,

Access to an archive class is on the road map, hopeful to have it for the next release of ArcGIS Pro's SDK.

Would would mind briefly describing what you then do with the archive class, what questions are you answering?

(this discussion can be taken offline if you feel more comfortable)

Thanks,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColinZwicker
Esri Contributor

Jose,

Access to an archive class is on the road map, hopeful to have it for the next release of ArcGIS Pro's SDK.

Would would mind briefly describing what you then do with the archive class, what questions are you answering?

(this discussion can be taken offline if you feel more comfortable)

Thanks,

Colin

0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi Colin,

Thanks for replying and confirming that it is coming hopefully in the next release of the SDK.

Regarding your question it really depends on the organisation we are working with.

Examples:

- Integration between ArcGIS and SAP PO or SAP Gateway. Every CRUD operation must be kept in sync with SAP.    

There is a queuing mechanism for this. So we have scheduled tasks running nightly to move the deltas (and other

additional information) back into SAP.

- Provide a way for third party systems to easily poll for updates that happened in GIS. Because the centralized archives

are lost when you deactivate Archiving we keep track of the last 90 days deltas into a separate table which can then be   accessed via SQL or through REST/SOAP.

- Have custom services that provide to client apps access to historical data

As a side note, I hope that History (not just Archiving) is implemented throughout the platform soon. I believe many people including myself would be happy with this. Or maybe having the ability to restore the archive tables with the geodatabase once you re-enable Archiving.

Cheers,

Jose

0 Kudos