Calendar Chart Title Not Honoring Updates

Jump to solution
09-30-2021 12:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having heartburn getting Chart Titles to properly update for Calendar Heat Charts and Clock Charts.  

The application (Pro 2.7) iterates through all of the charts of a feature class.  I have tracked the values through debugging and can see the title property is correctly defined.  However, any Calendar Chart or Clock Chart do not honor the new title.  Line Charts and Bar Charts work with no grief.

If I close the Calendar or Clock Chart pane and reopen it, it does then carry the correct title.

Here is the routine that I am using:

await QueuedTask.Run(() =>
{
    var layd2 = SelectedCubeAnalysisLayer.GetDefinition();
    if (layd2.Charts != null)
    {
       int i = 0;
       foreach (var item in layd2.Charts)
       {
         string strMeasMethod = ReturnMeasMethod();
         string strMeasType = ReturnMeasType();
         string strCharType = ReturnChartTypeFromName(item.Name);
         string strChartName = item.Name;

CIMChart theUniversalChart = (CIMChart)item;
         CIMChartGeneralProperties CIMUniversalChartProps = theUniversalChart.GeneralProperties;
         string strWatershedName = RetrieveWaterShedName();
         CIMUniversalChartProps.Title = strWatershedName + " " + strMeasType + " " + strMeasMethod + " " + MinDate.Replace("12:00:00 PM","") + " to " + MaxDate.Replace("12:00:00 PM", "") + " " + strFilterMessage + strCharType;
         CIMUniversalChartProps.SubTitle = "SubTitle";
         CIMUniversalChartProps.ShowSubTitle = true;
         theUniversalChart.GeneralProperties = CIMUniversalChartProps;
         layd2.Charts[i] = theUniversalChart;
         SelectedCubeAnalysisLayer.SetDefinition(layd2);
         i++;
      }
    }

});

I have included some screen shots from Visual Studio that shows the values correctly populated for each chart  Note the Title property value references the same dates ( 12-28-2019 to 1/3/2020 )

chart type. VisualStudioLineBarVals.jpgVisualStudioLineChartVals.jpgVisualStudioCalChartVals.jpg

The following screen shots show the results from Pro of the Charts.  The Bar Chart and the Line chart title contains the correct dates.  The Calendar chart  does not show the correct dates.

Bar Chart ResultBar Chart ResultLine Chart ResultLine Chart ResultCalendar Chart ResultCalendar Chart Result

Not sure why Calendar and Clock don't like having their title changed.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

I am able to see this issue also. I have shared this info with the developer and will let you know when there is a resolution.

Thanks for reporting this!

Uma

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

I am able to see this issue also. I have shared this info with the developer and will let you know when there is a resolution.

Thanks for reporting this!

Uma

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Uma!

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, this is Drew from the dev team.

Thanks @Anonymous User  and @UmaHarano , we have resolved this issue in the ArcGIS Pro 2.9 daily builds; if you are part of the beta program you'll see the fix in 2.9 Beta 2. If you're interested in joining the beta program to test this and other issues and enhancements in Pro 2.9, send an email to me at dflater@esri.com

0 Kudos