ArcGIS Server Interceptor TLS1.0 mscorlib error

Jump to solution
05-14-2020 06:15 AM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi, i have a SOE (server object interceptor) build using 2.4.0 sdk. Everythings works fine however when I disable TLS 1.0 via the registry 

I get the error shown below.

This is my registry below which works if I set enabled to 1. Setting it to 0 will cause the error above. Am I doing something wrong?

The feature layer is published using ArcMAP (initially I tried ArcGIS Pro however it doesn't pick up the interceptor)

It is a requirement of our client to adhere to the security checklist below (one of which is to disable tls 1.0)

CIS Microsoft IIS Benchmarks 

Any workaround is appreciated

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Ok, I figured out the reason. My .net Framework is target at 4.6.1 which uses tls 1.0 by default.

Solution is to to add 

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

I also change my target framework to 4.6.2 which utilises tls 1.0 and 1.1 by default

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Ok, I figured out the reason. My .net Framework is target at 4.6.1 which uses tls 1.0 by default.

Solution is to to add 

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

I also change my target framework to 4.6.2 which utilises tls 1.0 and 1.1 by default

0 Kudos