Select to view content in your preferred language

Why will one particular layer from my database not load into Pro?

07-18-2016 09:56 AM
LyleShakespear
Occasional Contributor

I have a project with multiple layers from my database loaded in to it.  However, I have one layer that won't load into the map.  It's just a simple line layer.  It gives me the error message::   "Failed to add data, unsupported data type."

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what is the file type? is it in a geodatabase or a separate file? can you open it in arcmap? if so, export it out in another format in another location and see if that can be loaded

0 Kudos
LyleShakespear
Occasional Contributor

It is one of our most common and most used layers in our enterprise geodatabase.  I have layers from this same geodatabase that work just fine but this one won't work.  It opens fine in ArcMap.  I could do a work-around but I'm really trying to get to the bottom of why it won't show. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lyle

I am sure you have figured this problem out by now but I just ran into this same issue myself. I could see all of the layers in my database but when I tried to add it into my map I would get an error.  I did some poking around and figure out that it was a permission issue. Once I connected to my database using the correct account. I was able to add my layer into the map. 

0 Kudos
FayuLai
Emerging Contributor

I have same error in Pro.  I was trying to add a layer from my file geodatabase using Pro SDK.  Keep getting "Failed to add data, unsupported data type".  I can manually add it to Pro without any issues.  Any ideas?

Here are my codes:

await QueuedTask.Run(()=>
{
Uri uri = new Uri(sPrjDB + "\\Map\\Map.gdb\\Pipe");
LayerFactory.Instance.CreateLayer(uri, MapView.Active.Map);
});

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro SDK‌ might be a better place to post your query... this thread is quite old

0 Kudos
FayuLai
Emerging Contributor

Thank you Dan.  I just searched and found this question.  Yes, I will post my question again in the Pro SDK.

0 Kudos