Updating Value of an atribut

10-30-2023 11:03 AM
Labels (2)
SebastianEnnenga
New Contributor II

Hey,

I have a Point feature class and I want to update the value of an atribut with an value of the same atribut in a table. I need something which works within the modelbuilder. I tried "join field" , but it is always adding the atribut instead of updating it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

A join in ArcGIS Pro would work IF you have a common field between the point feature class and the non-spatial attribute table.  Once the join is created, then you can do a Field Calculation from the table to the point feature class attribute table.

0 Kudos
SebastianEnnenga
New Contributor II

Hi,

I tried that allready. Check out the picture. Maybe I did something wrong?

SebastianEnnenga_0-1698928410139.png

0 Kudos
SebastianEnnenga
New Contributor II

That is the error I receive.

SebastianEnnenga_0-1698928828922.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Right.  So two things I see is the GP tool says you have pending edits.  You'll have to save or discard edits first as this is a schema lock on tables.  Second, your Expression is incorrect.  You do not need to have an equal sign on the leading part of the expression.  Clear this whole line and double click on the Anzahl_Nachbarn field.  This will populate the expression for you with the correct syntax.

0 Kudos
SebastianEnnenga
New Contributor II

Ok, I saved everything ,delete the eqal sign and just doubleklick on "Anzahl_Nachbarn". Now I got this error:

SebastianEnnenga_0-1698945324663.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...so this error means the field to be calculated does not exist.  Is this field in the spatial table or the non-spatial table via the Add Join?

0 Kudos
SebastianEnnenga
New Contributor II

I dont know if understand your question. Lines_PairwiseB_P_Statistics & Lines_PairwiseB_P_Statistics_1 are exact the same tables with same attributes. Only the values are different.

0 Kudos