Train Deep learning model error

08-25-2020 06:43 PM
Honey
by
New Contributor II

ERROR 032659 updateParameters Execution Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx#TrainDeepLearningModel_ia.UpdateParameters.py", line 1, in <module>
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx#TrainDeepLearningModel_ia.UpdateParameters.py", line 66, in updateParameters
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\models\_retinanet.py", line 137, in _supported_backbones
return [*_resnet_family]
NameError: name '_resnet_family' is not defined

I'm getting this error. not so sure why. this is my first time using this feature of ArcGIS pro. 

14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure, I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8 version, which I have updated yesterday.

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

An I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and still get this error. I reinstalled the Deep Learning Python library twice, no joy.

0 Kudos
sharmaakki
New Contributor II

I have installed ArcGIS Pro 3.0 with deep learning libraries for version 3.0 but still getting this error while training the deep learning models. I don't know why this is happening again and again.

Error 032659 updateParameters Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.validate.py", line 683, in <module>

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

It would be instructive to see what line 683 actually says.

Found that there is NO line 683 in the 2.8 and 2.9 version of the tool.script.validate.py. This means the error you are seeing is from NEW code added at v3.0.

0 Kudos
QSITInternational
New Contributor

Peace, God's mercy and blessings be upon you

Hello All,

wish this issue is solved, and I'll share my solution anyway.

After more 10 hours of Research, tracking the process of Cloning, analysis logs and opening all of utilities python files for Deep Learning package,

the issue is related to two things with me, Cuda version, connections of conda and arcgis.learn api, without deep dive into things you can solve this error with the following steps:

1. install your arcGIS pro 
  2. just install the right version of Deep learning package that match your ArcGIS pro version from : https://github.com/Esri/deep-learning-frameworks
  3.  turn off every thing 
  4. go to "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\"
  5. copy Deep learning environment folder that name is "arcgispro-py3"
  6. Go to "C:\Users\<"YOUR_USERNAME">\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\" and past environment folder
  7. After copying is done, Rename the "arcgispro-py3" with the any name you want ...>>> assuming you rename it "EgyptionAI"
  8. open ArcGIS pro 
  9. go to python 
  10. open package manager
  11. you will find two env :  "arcgispro-py3" and "EgyptionAI" and you will find "arcgispro-py3" in use status
  12. click in "EgyptionAI" and make it in use status
  13. Restart ArcGIS pro 

and it will be done ISA

>> by doing steps above your cloning all environment files and and conda connections directly without cloning it from ArcGIS pro or python command prompt that will try to download and install cuda version and make change in your deep learning package.

Peace,

0 Kudos