Tasks: Layer Definition Query

05-11-2021 08:57 PM
MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I want to create workflow and thought about creating a task.
However, I'm struggling with one step which is making a definition query on a layer.
I added a new step and set this to Command, and then selected Layer Definition Query

MarcoPoetsch3_0-1620789907636.png

However, I'm not sure how to proceed  from there. I couldn't find any settings or parameters. So, basically its just an empty step...
I also don't know what this symbols means and I couldn't find any hint in the ESRI help:

MarcoPoetsch3_1-1620790064630.png

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

What I ultimately want is a user defined parameter (Parcel ID). Based on this parameter the tasks should:

• make a definition query on a layer (only show this parcel)
  • open a geoprocessing model and use this parameter to do some analysis

Cheers,

Marco

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DrVSSKiran

Hi Macro,

Before selected the layer definition query in the task you have to follow preconfigured tasks to do the following i.e.,

• Limit the layer’s definition so that it shows only conflicts in a single country during specific years.
• Rename and symbolize the defined layer.
• Select only those conflicts classified as  for example “violence against civilians.”

For example.

Limit the layer’s definition to the layer in layer properties.

DrVSSKiran_0-1620798541431.png

Once you defined the layer then you can perform the task configuration. Please try that and let me know if you have any doubts

0 Kudos
MarcoPoetsch

Thanks, but I did that already without any luck.

I can create the task, but there is no configuration and when I run it nothing happens.

0 Kudos