Select to view content in your preferred language

Points inside or near polygons

Jump to solution
06-13-2023 11:01 AM
Labels (1)
CarlosCogollo
New Contributor

I have polygons and points in ArcGIS Pro, most of the points are located close to the limits between polygons, these points that are inside a polygon but very close to the other polygon influence not only the polygon where they are located but also the nearby neighboring polygons How can I count how many points affect each polygon in ArcGIS Pro, that is, the points that are inside the polygon and those close to its border in a distance of 20 meters and how can I list these points that affect each polygon, that is, those that are inside and near the polygon at the desired distance.

One more question, if there is a polygon inside another larger polygon, does this cause a problem when counting the points?

I'm working in ArcGis Pro 3.0.3

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Summarize Nearby does what you want, but it creates a new feature class.

If you want to add a field to the polygon fc, you can do so with Calculate Field. Switch to Arcade and use this expression (change line 1 to your point fc name):

var point_fc = FeaturesetByName($datastore, "PointFC")

return Count(Intersects(point_fc, Buffer($feature, 20, "meters")))

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Summarize Nearby does what you want, but it creates a new feature class.

If you want to add a field to the polygon fc, you can do so with Calculate Field. Switch to Arcade and use this expression (change line 1 to your point fc name):

var point_fc = FeaturesetByName($datastore, "PointFC")

return Count(Intersects(point_fc, Buffer($feature, 20, "meters")))

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
CarlosCogollo1
New Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos