Performing a spatial join based on a tabular criteria

Jump to solution
08-01-2022 02:29 PM
Labels (2)
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi, I am assuming this cannot be done in one step but I am curious to know what the Community thinks! 

I am doing a spatial join between two similar layers but I only want these layers to spatially join if a certain attribute matches that same attribute between the two layers (so a table join within a spatial join). Is that possible?

I have not seen a way in which this can be done in one step. I would just do a "select by attributes" after the fact and find where those two fields match up and then make a new layer based on that. I am trying to eliminate multiple steps. I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks Dan. I was looking in the search but didn't see that! I am glad that it is under consideration! Looks like Align Features is close but it does not do point layers.

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

You are welcome!

Since you mentioned Align Features, are you trying to align points in two similar layers?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

No, I guess I did not read far enough on align features. I don't want to move any features, just tack on the appropriate attributes based on a location and a matching attribute field. Thanks for the follow up!

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

I see. No problem!

0 Kudos