Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.4: Why table outputs from tools of model builder are not grouped the same way the feature classes outputs are grouped by default?

07-29-2022 02:20 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.4: Why table outputs from tools of model builder are not grouped the same way the feature classes outputs are grouped by default?

I observed that that features classes outputs of model builder tools are grouped while the table outputs are not grouped by default.

Is this by design?

Clip_966.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I actually think this grouping behavior is not very good and unwanted behavior, there are several threads on this forum with lots of people (including me) demanding this behavior to be turned off! The good news is in ArcPro 3.0 you can now turn this off, its a new option in the Options section of ArcPro.

Why I think it is bad is that it breaks downstream model logic as you don't know what the name is of your layer as it tags the layer name with a prefix. There is no mechanism to drill down to this name in arcpy so the output of a tool has a layer name that you have no control over or can access. 

I would personally recommend upgrading to 3.0 and turning this behavior off!

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Form me, I like it as it gets the output layers not mixed with the original data as they are grouped. They can be deleted and turned on\off in one go.

The real challenge is here:

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.4: How to flash (highlight) the output layer in the content pane that corresponds to ...

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos