License error suddenly

Jump to solution
07-23-2021 09:54 PM
GlenShennan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was using ArcGIS Pro fine last night. I get up today and I get this error:

Capture.PNG

 I have followed a couple of solutions on this forum (mainly renaming "ESRI Licensing" folder and the ESRI registy key) but nothing works. The licensing Web page says that I my licenses dont' expire until the end of the year but won't issue a new license. What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your ArcGIS Pro licenses are managed from ArcGIS Online/ Portal Organizational Account. Please check my first post in Urgent! I can't login my account in my PC 

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your ArcGIS Pro licenses are managed from ArcGIS Online/ Portal Organizational Account. Please check my first post in Urgent! I can't login my account in my PC 

Think Location
GlenShennan
Occasional Contributor

So the solution was to unassign the license, as per your post. Then ArcPro just worked again. Without re-assigning the license. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think there has been recent changes in Organizational Account (AGOL) of ArcGIS for Personal Use, where ArcGIS Pro licensed through "GIS Professional Advanced" User-type, rather than the Add-On license of ArcGIS Pro. User Types: ArcGIS Online 

Recently, I found (in my ArcGIS Online Organizational Account), "GIS Professional Advanced" user-type. Initially I had "Creator" User-type alongwith ArcGIS Pro add-on license (which had expired somehow). Once I unassigned the add-on license (having negative balance), I saw the following message.

JayantaPoddar_0-1627274716397.png

Then, I assigned "GIS Professional Advanced" user-type to my named user.

I believe, this gets auto-assigned after sometime. That's why it started working for you without making any changes.

Just to ensure, do you see "GIS Professional Advanced" as your User-Type?

JayantaPoddar_2-1627275102541.png

Think Location
GlenShennan
Occasional Contributor

I see the Creator type as below.

GlenShennan_1-1627716059688.png

I also see the other license available, as below.

GlenShennan_2-1627716162365.png

I worked out how to change the user type (below)

GlenShennan_3-1627716292015.png

And now I see mine as yours is...

GlenShennan_4-1627716328316.png

Thanks for pointing this out!

0 Kudos