License error suddenly

Jump to solution
07-23-2021 09:54 PM
GlenShennan
New Contributor III

Hi,

I was using ArcGIS Pro fine last night. I get up today and I get this error:

Capture.PNG

 I have followed a couple of solutions on this forum (mainly renaming "ESRI Licensing" folder and the ESRI registy key) but nothing works. The licensing Web page says that I my licenses dont' expire until the end of the year but won't issue a new license. What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your ArcGIS Pro licenses are managed from ArcGIS Online/ Portal Organizational Account. Please check my first post in Urgent! I can't login my account in my PC 

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your ArcGIS Pro licenses are managed from ArcGIS Online/ Portal Organizational Account. Please check my first post in Urgent! I can't login my account in my PC 

Think Location
GlenShennan
New Contributor III

So the solution was to unassign the license, as per your post. Then ArcPro just worked again. Without re-assigning the license. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think there has been recent changes in Organizational Account (AGOL) of ArcGIS for Personal Use, where ArcGIS Pro licensed through "GIS Professional Advanced" User-type, rather than the Add-On license of ArcGIS Pro. User Types: ArcGIS Online 

Recently, I found (in my ArcGIS Online Organizational Account), "GIS Professional Advanced" user-type. Initially I had "Creator" User-type alongwith ArcGIS Pro add-on license (which had expired somehow). Once I unassigned the add-on license (having negative balance), I saw the following message.

JayantaPoddar_0-1627274716397.png

Then, I assigned "GIS Professional Advanced" user-type to my named user.

I believe, this gets auto-assigned after sometime. That's why it started working for you without making any changes.

Just to ensure, do you see "GIS Professional Advanced" as your User-Type?

JayantaPoddar_2-1627275102541.png

Think Location
GlenShennan
New Contributor III

I see the Creator type as below.

GlenShennan_1-1627716059688.png

I also see the other license available, as below.

GlenShennan_2-1627716162365.png

I worked out how to change the user type (below)

GlenShennan_3-1627716292015.png

And now I see mine as yours is...

GlenShennan_4-1627716328316.png

Thanks for pointing this out!

0 Kudos