Legend patch alignment issue

Jump to solution
07-30-2021 06:48 AM
jgoldman
New Contributor III

Hello and thanks in advance to anyone able to help,

I am attempting to make this legend patch align properly. The blue 100 year floodplain legend symbol is not center-aligned with the legend description. Is there a way to ensure that the patch aligns with the description text (see below). The only work around I can think of is to override the description text and replace with a simple text box. Anyone know how to do this the right way?

LegendIssue.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jgoldman
New Contributor III

I ended up figuring it out. The alignment was on bottom instead of center for the legend description style. We have custom legends so the settings are all wonky sometimes.  Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The patches should align properly by default. Have you adjusted any of the legend settings?

jcarlson_0-1627655189881.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
jgoldman
New Contributor III

I ended up figuring it out. The alignment was on bottom instead of center for the legend description style. We have custom legends so the settings are all wonky sometimes.  Thanks for your help!

BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Josh,

My legend aligns exactly as your example but I find that confusing. Having the patch align with the text (Antartica, Carribean) inbetween lines (Asiatic Russia, Central America, Central Asia) or with the middle line (Australia/New Zealand).

I would much more prefer to align the patch with the first word in the description, how can I do that?

I'm using Pro 2.9.3, thanks in advance for your time.

esri helpdesk suggests I can convert to graphic and edit the graphic. Does not sound like a neat solution...

Bert

0 Kudos
BrookeAumann
New Contributor III

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but for others like me where it took a second, here is a screen shot. I guess the Patch aligns with the text of the legend item so that is where you fiddle with it. Screenshot below for reference.

BrookeAumann_1-1689963118269.png