Intersections of a fishnet

11-03-2020 01:41 PM
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6

I have a fishnet of polyline segments that I would like to create intersection points from.  See illustration below. This fishnet is the addressing grid of my area of jurisdiction so the object is to have a point (mulitple points, actually) that has the coordinate values of the intersecting lines.

At the intersection of 200 South and 8700 West, I would like two points, one with the coordinates of 200 South , 8700 West the other with the coordinates of 8700 West, 200 South.  How does one go about doing this?

I looked at Point at every intersection which refers you to  Feature builder reference but I don't see the point at every intersection icon there.  

Suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is it a "group template" you are working with?

Feature templates—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

In a group template, the Point at every intersection builder Point at every intersection generates point features at a specified offset at every intersection of a polyline feature you create in a map. The builder is available with point component templates when the primary feature geometry is a polyline.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That's were things kinda fell apart for me: I tried the group template but never found that point at every intersection builder...

0 Kudos
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

If you're creating a few features, can you use the Intersection snapping agent while creating new point features?

The other option is to use the Intersection constructor tool found on the construction toolbar:

I'm honestly not sure why the builder reference is missing the 'Point at every intersection' builder, but it should be available if you have a line as the primary geometry when creating the group template:

I'll look into whether the doc needs to be updated.

References:

Turn snapping on or off—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Create a point or vertex at an inferred intersection—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Point at every intersection (Polyline)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Does that help?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Let me take another look at this Scott..

0 Kudos
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Scott Harris‌ : I don't see that intersection tool under construct:

I must be doing something wrong as I don't get the same options you show in templates:

0 Kudos
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

Regarding the Intersection construction tool, it shows up on the Construction Toolbar when you are creating a point or line or poly. Open Create Features pane > choose the point template > choose the Point tool....

> construction toolbar will show up on the map (defaults to the bottom):

Regarding the group template, from your screenshot, click Apply and add in any point feature template. It requires Line as primary and a point as secondary "component".

Does that help?

Thanks,

Scott

MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not much of this is making sense to me right now, but I'll deal with it...

0 Kudos
MVP Frequent Contributor

Too bad the output for the table isn't what you want, but I have a point as mesh tool in my 

https://community.esri.com/people/danretired/blog/2020/05/15/point-tools-for-pro  

toolset

... sort of retired...
MVP Frequent Contributor

Slow night... some election coverage going on

def joe(z, xstep, ystep):
"""test"""
z0 = z.split(" ")
lft = "West {}".format(int(z0[0][1:]) + ystep)
rght = "South {}".format(int(z0[1][1:]) + xstep)
return "{} {}".format(lft, rght)‍‍‍‍‍‍

That might give you a start, and you could add a comma for splitting if you want, then make a left and right field for 2 column labelling. But you can mess with that if it gets you closer

... sort of retired...