How to create a Link Chart through Python scripting ?

11-03-2021 12:44 PM
Labels (2)
jchladon
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to create a process to construct a Link  Chart  through a python script. I've been diving through the documentation and it looks like there aren't any methods in arcpy that can access or create a Link Chart. Does anyone know if I'm looking in the wrong place or if this functionality exists elsewhere? The closest I could find to any Link Chart scripting/code access was in the ArcGIS Pro SDK, but that would require a lot more research in order to build an add-in that I'm hoping I could just do in a Python script.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

(I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesJones4
Esri Contributor

Hello!  Currently we do not support the creation of link charts through Python at any version.  What were you looking to do with the link chart via python?  Access the analysis methods?  Or were you looking to programmatically create the link charts themselves as part of a larger workflow?

0 Kudos
Felix10546
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I have the same desire for custom link chart control. For example, I have a task which require

(1) aligning the nodes along x-axis base on a datetime attribute. I tried manually adjust the position but the turning of links doesn't behave as what I expect.

(2) I also need an option for custom styles in which I can change the colors of particular nodes and links based on their related attribute. However, it can manually be on whole set of nodes and relationships.

(3) I also need an option for label symbology setting which is not available.

I think these can be only be done efficiently program control.

As fas as you know, will ArcGIS Pro SDK for .Net help writing functions to finish these tasks? I see the intelligence.dll is under ArcGIS.Desktop.Internal. Does it mean that I cannot make an extension from this?

Thanks. I am new to link chart.

0 Kudos