How to convert a FeatureClass to FeatureLayer

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 03:14 PM
dkoerner
New Contributor II

Hi,

while going though this tutorial: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/create-and-use-a-network-dataset-wit...

I fail at step "connect network dataset transit source to streets". The tool errors that the Streets dataset is not a FeatureLayer. It appears to be a FeatureClass. Ignoring that the tutorial instructions appear to be broken (not surprised) I tried to find out how to convert a FeatureClass to a FeatureLayer but failed after a couple of hours (not surprised either).

Can somebody help me?

Best,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Try the Make Feature Layer tool. There are some tools that say they need a feature layer but will happily work with a feature class, however this one may actually need a feature layer. The tool documentation does say feature class though...

What's the actual error you are getting?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try the Copy Features (Data Management) tool?   It will produce a new file (featureclass) which when added to a map is a featurelayer.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Try the Make Feature Layer tool. There are some tools that say they need a feature layer but will happily work with a feature class, however this one may actually need a feature layer. The tool documentation does say feature class though...

What's the actual error you are getting?

0 Kudos
dkoerner
New Contributor II

Hey thanks everybody for your swift response! I managed to resolve the issue 👍

0 Kudos