Select to view content in your preferred language

Help! Can't add folder connections or data to Arcgis PRO

10-18-2022 03:26 PM
MariaPaula27
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to add data to a new project of Arcgis Pro but it is not working. When I try the only option that appears is "open", instead of "ok" and the type of archive is always "default", I can't change it.

I don't know what to do, I really need this to work 😞

Thanks in advance

MariaPaula27_1-1666131930618.png

12 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

When adding a folder connection, the final selection should be the folder. In the photo provided you are selecting a raster dataset. You can't make a folder connection to a raster file.

Go up one level in the pop-up and connect to the folder containing the raster files.

This is standard for some spatial/drawing software. Helps with indexing and other aspects as the software is chatty with the folders you connect to. Best to remove folder connections you no longer need as the project grows.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/connect-to-a-folder.htm

BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

I checked both Pro 3.0.2 and 2.9.3 and in both cases my Add Folder Connection window only shows the "Folders" option in the pull down you have outlined in red. I am not sure how data sources got listed.  Try going up levels BarryNorthey_0-1666150981310.png in the tree until you see the folder that you want to connect to.

Alternately, suggest that you Refresh the Folders connections in the Catalog pane and try again or restart Pro.

As a last resort, Open File Explorer and drag and drop the target folder onto Folders in the Catalog pane.

JoWright
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue as the op with 2.9.2. Going up a level doesn't help but the drag and drop works.

CharlesBintliff
New Contributor

Has anyone solved this issue, i'm having the same problem

BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

JoWright reported that Open File Explorer and drag and drop the target folder onto Folders in the Catalog pane worked. Did you try that?

0 Kudos
DonnaKattengell
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue but not when I am clicking a raster. I am trying to select a folder and am getting “open” instead of “ok.” Any ideas on what I should do? We can’t figure out why this is happening and have reinstalled. Every other computer in my unit works fine with an “ok” button but mine will only say “open.”

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
What are you adding? If it's a folder connection it'll let you select the
folder

If you're adding something else, like a database connection or another
file, the folder will show 'open' as it's prompting you to open the folder
and select the file
0 Kudos
DonnaKattengell
New Contributor II

Here is the process I am taking, maybe it will help you help me. 🙂

DonnaKattengell_0-1686749198898.png

DonnaKattengell_1-1686749228645.png

DonnaKattengell_2-1686749246463.png

DonnaKattengell_3-1686749267060.png

Any and all help is appreciated. This is driving us crazy.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

You're doing the right steps, and from the history of this post the community doesn't appear to be able to assist any further.

This needs to go to Esri technical support who can investigate it as a potential defect.

You can try the workaround above of dragging the folder into the catalog pane from file explorer.

Looking at this more broadly it seems users have had this issue when working through VPNs, virtual machines, or cloud environments. So maybe there is something going on with your environment.
You could try upgrading ArcGIS Pro, or sharing more information about your environment so there's a common thread between users reporting this behaviour.

Wild guess based on your C drive, that this is a training VM environment?