Failed to load notebook

11-28-2022 10:10 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am getting this error upon any new or existing notebook open, within any project.  It's a global issue.  Any ideas how to fix?  The error starting occurring upon upgrade to version 3.0.2.

TylerT_0-1669658877436.png

Thank you.  Tyler

ArcGIS 3.0.2

Tags (3)
61 Replies
MinhazulIslam919
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS pro 3.0 and can't open the jupyter notebook. 

0 Kudos
MinhazulIslam919
New Contributor II

Just replying to my own comment. I recently updated my ArcGIS Pro to 3.2.0 and the previous problem got resolved. Now, I can open notebook and script inside ArcGIS pro.

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

@TylerT When you upgraded ArcGIS Pro, were you upgrading from 2.9 to 3.0.2 using the UI?

HannesZiegler_0-1689628028147.png

When you run python from the Python Command Prompt, what version of Python are you running?

0 Kudos
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

@HannesZiegler,

Yes, I used UI for updates.

My Python Command Prompt is Python 3.9.16.  

I'm leaning towards a complete uninstall/reinstall again.  IT has to do this for me so it's a bit more difficult.  What I would like more information on is how to uninstall all the bundled Python software, so everything is fresh on reinstall.  Any pointers on this would be great.

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

Yes that would be best, please follow the instructions at provided at Performing a clean uninstall of ArcGIS Pro | Esri Australia Technical Blog (wordpress.com)

0 Kudos
RENDANIMUDAU
New Contributor III

Good day.

I am also getting failed to load notebook using Arcgis Pro 3.1.0.  I tried to install the Package Manager but it does not update. Kindly assist

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you working with the default arcgispro-py3 environment or a custom environment? Can you open notebooks from a Python Command Prompt session by running `jupyter notebook .` successfully?

0 Kudos
MarcusF
New Contributor

I am encountering the same problem as well. Followed every step in previous discussions but it's still Failed to load notebook. The jupyter notebook works just fine outside ArcGIS Pro. Please help, thanks.

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you working with the default arcgispro-py3 environment or a custom environment? Can you open notebooks from a Python Command Prompt session by running `jupyter notebook .` successfully? Unfortunately, there is a variety of possible causes, and these steps will help eliminate some possibilities.

0 Kudos
ShariF
by
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue. I am using 3.1.4 after doing a clean uninstall a few days ago to try to fix the issue. It worked until I cloned the python environment so I could install more packages. When I switch back to default Jupyter Notebooks works as it should. However, default doesn't have the packages I need. 

The cloned environment is saved in the same folder as the default python: "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone" - is that best practice or is there a better place?

Please note my script works perfectly in the python window using the cloned environment. 

Any advice? We can't upgrade to 3.2 as we have incompatibility issues with our geodatabase 😞