Failed to load notebook

11-28-2022 10:10 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am getting this error upon any new or existing notebook open, within any project.  It's a global issue.  Any ideas how to fix?  The error starting occurring upon upgrade to version 3.0.2.

TylerT_0-1669658877436.png

Thank you.  Tyler

ArcGIS 3.0.2

Tags (3)
61 Replies
TylerT
by

BTW: The stand-alone jupyter lab/notebook is working fine including Arcpy and ArcGIS for Python modules.

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

Hi @TylerT, make sure that there haven't been any changes to the Jupyter configuration file jupyter_notebook_config.py, see the FAQ.

0 Kudos
TylerT
by

@HannesZiegler ,I have not knowingly modified jupyter_notebook_config.py file.  Where is it typically located, and what should the c.NotebookApp.ip or c.NotebookApp.port configuration options be set to?  Thx.

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

It's typically in your user profile under the .jupyter folder.

1. Hit windows key or click into the windows search box.
  2. Type %userprofile%.
  3. Locate & open .juypter folder.
  4. Locate & open jupyter_notebook_config.py in an editor.

Both keys should be commented out (prefix the # symbol).

KathyMulcahy1
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. I am not sure if it is caused by the citrix machine, it worked in bomgar. 

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

In a more complex case where this is only happening in an environment like Citrix, it makes sense to try and work through this with support. I'm not aware of any reproducible cases we have when the machine is typically configured and the installation is fully clean other than the configuration being manually changed like Hannes mentioned.

Cheers, Shaun

0 Kudos
TylerT
by

@HannesZiegler,

Hmmm, interesting.  I have no jupyter_notebook_config.py in the location described, or anywhere I can find.  Is this the problem, perhaps?

Adding to the evidence, another user in my group is experiencing the exact same issue upon upgrading to 3.0.2.

Thanks for engaging...much appreciated.

Tyler

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

No, if you haven't had occasion to mess with the configs, then there won't be a config to mess with 😄 (it has to be intentionally created with the command jupyter notebook --generate-config).

Are your notebooks located locally, or on a server or network location with a UNC path?

0 Kudos
TylerT
by

UNC path.

0 Kudos