Failed to add data set to suitability model layer

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 07:08 PM
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

Hello, I am transitioning from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro 2.7. I want to use the suitability modeler tool in ArcGIS Pro to identify locations best situated for green infrastructures. I have all of my layers processed to raster already. When I try to create a new suitability model and load the raster in the parameter section it shows error " Failed to add data set to suitability model layer ". I am not sure why it is giving me this error. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

I opened up a new project, reloaded my data, and created a new Suitability Model using the Suitability Modeler tool. I was able to load the raster data. It looks like it had to do something with the .aprx.

Thank you Dan and Steve for trying to help me!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you following this?

Implement the suitability modeling workflow using the Suitability Modeler—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Type, location and coordinate system of the data?

Did the process with the same data work in ArcMap

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

Dan,

I did try using data that worked using the traditional Suitability Modeling approach (pic below). I actually followed the suitability modeling workflow lesson in ESRI with the bob cat case study. I was able to do it that way but not sure why it does not work with the dynamic suitability modeler tool.

AsnikaBajracharya_2-1622811921924.png

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Please can you post a screen shot and what type of data are you trying to add?

0 Kudos
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

Steve,

Here is the error message that is displayed regardless of what ever raster data I try to upload. In this particular case I tried to upload slope raster that I calculated using the DEM.

AsnikaBajracharya_0-1622811261289.png

AsnikaBajracharya_1-1622811547952.png

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

what happens if you use the DEM

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

...also, are you adding using a raster dataset (+ icon) or a raster layer (V icon)?

0 Kudos
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

I am using raster dataset

0 Kudos
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

Trying to add DEM also gives the same issue.

0 Kudos
AsnikaBajracharya
New Contributor II

I opened up a new project, reloaded my data, and created a new Suitability Model using the Suitability Modeler tool. I was able to load the raster data. It looks like it had to do something with the .aprx.

Thank you Dan and Steve for trying to help me!

0 Kudos